You are using Dropbox for synchronizing TR data between multiple computers. But what is a “ThinkingRock data file“ and where is it stored normally? Is there only one data file or are there several? And do store them in the Dropbox directory …?
There are 2 files you will need to sync between your computers using any Dropbox folder: your data file (.trx) and the file which contains your Review Actions screen set-up (ReviewActions.xml).
The step by step instructions are:
- Install Dropbox on all computers you are planning to use.
- Install TR and all the latest update modules.
- Create a TR folder under your Dropbox folder.
- Move your data file and ReviewActions.xml under that folder.
- First time you start TR on each computer, using File/Open select the data file.
- You need to close TR on one computer before opening the data file on a different data file otherwise updates will be lost.
- We recommend that you save your recovery and backup files under other folders.