"The GTD® methodology encourages to collect all inboxes into a trusted system in order to free your mind, process and organize everything and then review and do actions."
ThinkingRock has been designed to match the methodology flow:
- Collect thoughts
- Process thoughts
- Organize thoughts into Projects, Actions, Reference Items, Someday/Maybe Items and Goals
- Review Actions, mark them done and document them
No need to follow procedures to adapt ThinkingRock to the methodology!
ThinkingRock can become your trusted system:
- Data is stored in one file which is backed up at every startup
- A recovery file is kept to save your work in progress
- Data is kept locally, i.e. not on the web
GTD® Flow vs. ThinkingRock flow
- Is it actionable? Yes - Type of actions: do it, delegate it/waiting for, defer it, calendar
- No - Delete, possible later actions, reference
- first screen process into actionable: actions, projects, sub-projects
- second screen process them into non-actionable: reference items, someday/maybe items or goals
Please note that ThinkingRock is not affiliated with or endorsed by the David Allen Company.