Questions from development team

TOPIC: TR for iPhone

TR for iPhone 15 years 4 months ago #182

• beckert81
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Dear Developers,

First I want to thank you for Thinkingrock. It is a very very good application and it has
symplified my daily business. I use since about 7 month and I can't imagine to complete the amount of my tasks without the structure and workflow of GTD and the simple use of TR. Thank you very much.

I've read on the TR Website that a developing of an iPhone application has started.
Can you tell us a date, when this application will be ready for deploying?
Would it last about 1 month or 3 month or 6 month.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Kind regards,
Benjamin

GERMAN ThinkingRock Forum
GERMAN ThinkingRock eBook
www.thinkingrock.de
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:TR for iPhone 15 years 4 months ago #188

• claire
  • Thank you received: 62
We have purchased the iPhone and I have started designing some screens on a piece of paper. Now, you can all help me to put pressure on the programmer!

Seriously, Jeremy is solving a few iCal issues, working on providing TR in various languages then he should work on making TR more mobile: iPhone, Blackberry, etc..

Re:TR for iPhone 15 years 4 months ago #195

• jiuyen
  • Fresh Boarder
If you are collecting user feedback on what we'd like to see in an iPhone app, here is my wishlist:
  • An interface that a lot like my fav iphone GTD app: Whattasks. The interface is simple, with a "What-When-Where" that organizes information by Project, by Due Date, and by Context on different screens;
  • A "collect" option that works just like TR for the computer - takes one then is immediately ready for another;
  • A synch and backup option so I can smoothly switch from iPhone to computer but am not dependent on internet access (i.e. can review my lists on the subway!).
The perfect (!!) app would of course do it all, but, for me, I am happy for the computer-based version to be required for the iPhone version to operate, which means leaving functions like, "create a new context" out. I want the iPhone version for working, not for getting started. Also, the functions in the list above are more important than having the ability to "process" on the iPhone. I can live with using the iPhone as a collection and "what should I do now" reference tool and going to the computer to do the processing.

That's just me. Thanks for reading.

Re:TR for iPhone 15 years 4 months ago #200

• mourges
  • Fresh Boarder
I agree - Collection and Review are the 2 most important things to have, and on the iPhone would be great.

And if you can develop the ability to cut and paste as well, you can throw that in! :-)

Re:TR for iPhone 15 years 4 months ago #203

• fedee
  • Fresh Boarder
Totally agree. I would like to have my tasks on my Ipod Touch when I'm on the street.
Count with me if you need a beta tester :)

Re:TR for iPhone 15 years 4 months ago #204

• beckert81
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
For me, the most critical options would be, that i can collect my thoughts when I am on the way and also review my actions by grouping them according the different contexts or topics.
Also it would be very helpful to sync the data over the web, so that the current data on the iPhone are always up to date.

GERMAN ThinkingRock Forum
GERMAN ThinkingRock eBook
www.thinkingrock.de
Moderators: claire
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds

About ThinkingRock

ThinkingRock is developed by Avente Pty Ltd, an Australian registered company.

ThinkingRock is not affiliated with or endorsed by the David Allen Company.

Getting Things Done® and GTD® are registered trademarks of the David Allen Company.

Read more about the ThinkingRock team in this interview on the Netbeans website

Get organized Links

We have compiled a list of useful resources if you want to get organized.

Get In Touch

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Cron Job Starts