Questions from development team

TOPIC: TR for iPhone

Re:TR for iPhone 14 years 4 months ago #1190

• hnarayan
  • Fresh Boarder
thanks - tried that . I am on my home wireless and it still gives me that error message

Thanks
H
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:TR for iPhone 14 years 4 months ago #1191

• Tony
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I had the same problem, you have to initiate the daemon on the TR Desktop app, because it doesn't run all the time, with the port open. Here's what I did:

1. Open TR on your desktop
2. Click the little iPhone icon in the tool bar
3. Choose the correct interface for your network (I run several VM's, so had a bunch of options), this will bind TR to the correct interface. It should then tell you to fire up TR on your iPhone and run sync.
4. Open TR on iPhone, make sure sync IP matches the interface you chose in TR desktop.
5. Watch it sync.

It sounds quite complex, but in reality it takes about 30 seconds to do, and I'd much rather do it this way than have port 5000 open on all my machines all the time.

Hope this works for you.

Cheers

T.

Re:TR for iPhone 14 years 4 months ago #1192

At long last! I'd even gone over to MLO while you sorted this out.

Had some fun logging in as admin to free up port 5000, but that's it working on my works laptop now. Just downloading onto my Ubuntu box now, making sure that's working too. Bit of a pain constantly having to switch IP addresses over - could you have a look at that?

Is this a good time to start talking about the Esperanto version?:unsure:

Re:TR for iPhone 14 years 4 months ago #1194

• Section8
  • Expert Boarder
Flamebrain wrote:
Darn...:(
Unfortunately there's only limited amount of memory on the device so we have to set a limit. At the moment its 5000 bytes for the entire action which should allow you at least 4500 characters of notes.

The fact that some of yours didn't have notes suggest it might be a character encoding problem.
[EDIT] I tried syncing again (no reboots) and this time it worked. I have a copy of the IDE log for both the time it crashed and when it worked right after - hopefully that will help you figure out what's going on.
Great work, Im sure that will be a big help.
please use the contact us link on the left to send them through.

Re:TR for iPhone 14 years 4 months ago #1195

• Section8
  • Expert Boarder
jaffamcneill wrote:
At long last! I'd even gone over to MLO while you sorted this out.

Had some fun logging in as admin to free up port 5000, but that's it working on my works laptop now. Just downloading onto my Ubuntu box now, making sure that's working too. Bit of a pain constantly having to switch IP addresses over - could you have a look at that?

Is this a good time to start talking about the Esperanto version?:unsure:

You can set the default ip and port to whatever you like in the settings applet.

We'll be looking at translations down the line so if you really want an experanto version all we'll need are the translations.

Re:TR for iPhone 14 years 4 months ago #1201

• Section8
  • Expert Boarder
hnarayan wrote:
thanks - tried that . I am on my home wireless and it still gives me that error message

Both your iphone and the desktop computer should have an internal network addresses (starting with 192.168.* or 10.*). If so, can you tell us what the address are as shown in the sync dialog and in the wifi details screen on the iphone.

The address is safe to report if it starts with those numbers, otherwise just tell us the first number for each case.

The other issue might be a firewall blocking the traffic from the iphone (effectively making the desktop invisible to the iphone). Do you know if there is a firewall running on your mac/pc?

btw, is this an iphone or ipod touch?
Moderators: claire
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds

About ThinkingRock

ThinkingRock is developed by Avente Pty Ltd, an Australian registered company.

ThinkingRock is not affiliated with or endorsed by the David Allen Company.

Getting Things Done® and GTD® are registered trademarks of the David Allen Company.

Read more about the ThinkingRock team in this interview on the Netbeans website

Get organized Links

We have compiled a list of useful resources if you want to get organized.

Get In Touch

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Cron Job Starts